Tuesday 16 August 2011

It Was A Bit Hot, So I Got Out Of The Kitchen

I must apologise for this being my first 'Blog' in August but this month started in busy fashion, particularly for me.

Yes, dredging depths not previously encountered in at least six years, I had to search the memory and remember how to cook!

It must be admitted that I found it more than a little scary at first, as I gazed around the Kitchen wondering what to do next but gradually, things started to return, primarily finding some sort of routine, re-establishing the timing and eventually rediscovering a little creativity.

Probably my favourite new dish that I came up with was the chicken in breadcrumbs filled with Manx Chilli Cheddar & garlic of which I sold every one the same day they were prepared. The last time I cooked, I don't think that particular cheese was even on the market and I also tried another one of IOM Creameries even newer products, the Druidale with Cranberries, mixed with some toasted pinenuts as a stuffing for a similar pork creation. That one didn't fly out through the Restaurant quite so quickly but I enjoy experimenting and those that tried it seemed to enjoy it.

12 to 15 hour days are something that I try to avoid but with having to keep everything else I do afloat, for eight days they became the norm. Extremely hard work, yet enjoyable as it was, I wasn't too sorry to see the Chef back home and re-introduce myself to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment