Thursday 1 December 2011

If You Can't Say Anything Nice, Say Nothing At All - Well Maybe Just A Little Bit

I'm afraid to announce that we didn't win the 'Hotel of the Year' this time and therefore are in a mighty huff, so changed our point of view back to what it was before last year (see earlier blog: http://michaelswelbeckblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/welbeck-isle-of-man-hotel-of-year-2010.html.)

Sore losers?

Absolutely!

Though in fairness, had we been beaten by the other nominee (there were three,) we wouldn't have had any qualms but the winner is ranked 20th out of 27 on Trip Advisor, so it would seem to make the whole exercise rather farcical.

Oh well. Such is life!

3 comments:

  1. Stayed at the Welbeck for 3 months when I first moved to island. Mike & Irene are absolutely brilliant and nothing was too much trouble for them. Staff are all friendly and food is first class.

    My personal opinion is that The Chesterhouse is the worst hotel on the island.

    Staff miserable, food inedible & cold, rooms scruffy. Stayed there over an Xmas period when Welbeck was closed. While staying at the Chesterhouse I had to go back to Liverpool for a few days. When I returned to the Chesterhouse I found that they had moved someone else into my room because they had asked for it. All my stuff was moved to a grotty back room that had stained carpets and stinking mattress and the staff had even taken my iron and used it in their laundry room.

    Peter Mc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Peter.

    How is your little one and Ewelina?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike, sorry for the late reply but things have been quite hectic over here.

    Ev & milly are both doing fine, We have just celebrated Milly's 2nd birthday. Ev & Myself will be getting married on 18th August this year at my family church, St Bede's in Widnes, so as you can imagine it's a case of ordering this and planning that, with plenty of phonecalls been made here and there.

    Ev sorted her dress from a bridal shop in Poland when she was over there last month, which I have to pick up when I drive there next month but with strict instructions not to peek in the box !

    Hope you, the family and staff are keeping well. Will be coming over in a few months so will call in to catch up.

    regards

    Peter

    ReplyDelete