Thursday 20 June 2013

Parish Walk 2013

Well Parish Walk time is here again. Saturday will see 1500 hopeful souls depart the N.S.C. at 8am attempting to complete the 85 miles or at least part of it. Once again the weather looks like being a little mixed to say the least but I'm sure there will still be plenty of smiles on offer. It isn't too bad walking in grim conditions but I always pity the officials of whom there are so many and without whom there would be no race.

This is a 'Thank you' in advance and I do hope you are dressed for anything.

My chances? They haven't been overly helped by contracting a chest infection and the fact that we have been so busy this last few weeks due to being short staffed in the kitchen but I remain confident that I will at least be able to challenge once again.

It looks like there are four of us with a realistic chance. Out of four times winner Jock Waddington, last year's joint champions, Vinny Lynch & Richard Gerrard, I think the latter man has the best chance if I don't prevail.



Best of luck to all the competitors and I'll let the off-Island blogophiles know what happened afterwards (as you'd have to live under a rock at Eary Cushlin not to find out if you live here.

2 comments: