Tuesday 25 March 2014

Dans Leg Revisited

Those of you that have been following my blog for a while, may remember the story a couple of years ago, during an alcohol fuelled Facebook conversation when I felt everyone was going completely over the top just because a 'Friend' had lost her dans leg (whatever that was) in the post.

And so your 'hero' waded in taking the mickey only to realise gradually that I had misread the situation and it was actually Wendy's son, Dan's prosthetic leg that disappeared in transit to the Island and perhaps my facetiousness, like the errant limb had been a little misplaced.

Although the family was very understanding regarding my witless attempt at humour (though Wendy called me an old fossil for suggesting that she had contributed to my error by not using the necessary apostrophe)tonight, I had opportunity for complete redemption.

Dan is an extremely capable sportsman and competes with the best in the Island at hockey and also does athletics, so today his Mum put a plea on Manx Harriers' page for a right foot spiked athletics shoe to be cut up and fitted to the bottom of his blade.

I knew that I had kept our Terence's pair despite him quitting the sport some years previous, so I immediately contacted Wendy sensing that chance to turn finally from zero to hero and we arranged for Wendy to come round to my house to collect it.

However, the God of Prosthetic Limbs thought otherwise and that I still had time to serve as a perceived idiot.

Somehow, during a rare clear-out a couple of weeks earlier, I'd managed to throw one of them away and you guessed it......I had only a left foot.

Thankfully, Alan Corlett has stepped in to save the day and my complete rehabilitation will have to wait a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment