Monday 8 June 2015

Operating On All Cylinders for Hyperbaric Chamber

It's been an interesting few months in more ways than one with deaths in Irene's family, challenges a plenty at work and a mysterious loss in form in my racewalking despite seeming to train hard if slightly less than in previous years.

Despite the fact I've had to do long hours, I was feeling more tired than I would normally expect to and eventually decided to go for a blood test.

It turned out that my blood count was low and that I was also iron/ferritin deficient. Despite being prescribed ferrous sulphate, I was still not producing the goods and at the Northern 10 Miles a few weeks ago, I was a whopping 11 minutes down on my time from 2013.

Therefore, I'd like to say thank you to a very good friend and very sporting competitor who referred me to the Hyperbaric Chamber, possibly at the expense of a coveted Parish Walk top placing (I'd better mention at this stage that it was Mark Hempsall's idea or he'll never forgive me ;) ) and thanks to the staff there for managing to squeeze me in.

In the hope of generating some much needed cash for the charity, I have decided at the eleventh hour to ask for sponsorship to show my gratitude, for this year's Manx Telecom Parish Walk. It's some time since I have tried to raise money, as I realise that many people may think they are being constantly badgered to donate all the time but I hope you will agree with me that it is very necessary to safeguard this marvellous facility for the future.

www.justgiving.com/Michael-George4

No comments:

Post a Comment