Thursday 7 February 2013

A Proper Twit

I'm not sure whether this is a good thing but I've finally succumbed to the final frontier of social media.

In the ten years ago since I relented and acquired my first mobile phone (of which I was never going to have one,) I now have a laptop, a Sony Xperia (Smart phone for those King Canutes amongst you bravely clinging to your Luddite ways) joined Facebook and finally, after swearing I wouldn't ever join the millions of people posting inane minutae, I have started using the 'Twitter' account I set up about a year ago.

Apparently, it's all about raising the profile of your website and maintaining presence on the 'Google', search rankings etc. blah, blah.

Anyway, now I'm a proper Twit, Twitterer Tweeter or whatever it is I am (no Dave not what you were thinking), I was wondering if you would be so good as to follow me and I'll promise to do my best not to stoop to such prattle as telling you I'm off to the loo or about to have a cup of coffee.

The aspect that I'm struggling with most is as many of my regular blog readers would probably attest to is that it's a real challenge for me to condense my thoughts into 140 characters and therefore, what you'd think should take me less than a couple of minutes, by the time I've edited, re-written and abbreviated, it has taken ages.

Watch this space. Sooner or later I may have to descend into another of my pet hates, the dreaded 'Text speak!'

CU L8ta

No comments:

Post a Comment