Tuesday 19 February 2013

Sunday Morning Sunshine

Douglas Bay

I missed my usual Saturday morning walk with my friends and Parish Walk rivals this week as we had spent Friday night in Ramsey to celebrate our wedding anniversary but by the time dawn broke on Sunday, I was feeling very lucky.

The miserable drizzle and strong wind had given way to a truly beautiful morning and therefore, I even built in a couple of quick stops to take photographs and one of the major advantages of living in the Isle of Man is that you .

Looking towards Douglas from the middle of nowhere, you can make out Chibanagh Plantation in the background

Unfortunately, I am not technically adept enough to overlay my route onto a map, so a brief description will have to suffice. I headed off down Tromode Road, turned on to Ballafletcher, past the Hospital on to the Mount Rule Road all the way though into Crosby. I then went up past Ellerslie Depot and the Manx Language Centre on the climb up to the and over the crossroads with the Foxdale Road. At St. Marks, I followed the signs for Ballasalla but then took a left towards the Blackboards. After a brief flirt with the main route to the Airport, I then used the Old Castletown Road before taking the right towards Port Soderick Station, Marine Drive, Douglas Head and then back home. 35 kilometres or nearly 22 miles in old money.

A rare cloud (well rare for last Sunday morning anyway) floats on the summit of South Barrule

Welbeck Hotel & Restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment