Tuesday 12 April 2011

April Fool? The Joke Will Be On Me If I'm Not Careful

I did think that no one had really been taken in by the April fool joke but gradually more and more people are wishing me luck with the election.

Well, I'd better not get carried away here. By more and more, so far I mean about three and now two of the staff.

Then, it occurred to me that the only mention I'd made in this blog that it was an 'April Fool' was in a the 'Comment' section which might not noticed too easily. The other thing was that in my haste to make sure that everything was set in place, the 'Post' in question was actually made 31st March rather than the day itself.

Any confusion may have be further compounded by the fact that I was also asked my opinion by Stuart Peters of Manx Radio on the removal of the Director of Tourism from his post and subsequent streamlining of the marketing within the Department of Economical Development.

I really must have sounded like a politician when I failed to answer a direct question!

For what it is worth, I only actually met Mr Nipper (former Director of Tourism) once and found him to be very personable and was impressed by his thoughts on improving the profile of the Island and how he was intending to use the limited budget he'd been given.

Whether the reasons for his redundancy are entirely as stated, I am unable to conject but I really hope that the new structure is successful, as our industry can ill afford to be shunted to the sidings of the Government's greater marketing strategy.

I just re-read all that. Perhaps there's a career in the House of Keys for me after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment