Monday 18 April 2011

Harry & Christopher Sieze the Day


Many of you will already know that our daughter, Lucy who has worked here since she was about 3 years old, though more regularly part and full time for the last couple of years was pregnant with twins.

Lucy had her two babies, Harry & Christopher by c-section last night at 21:13 which came as a bit of a surprise, as despite having been in the Jane since Saturday night after going into labour, it was thought that everything had resettled and yesterday morning, we were told that it wouldn't happen that day.


Christopher died shortly after being baptised but Harry who weighed in at 3lb12.5oz is thriving and breathing unaided, although he will be in SCBU for the next few weeks it is expected.

I must thank all the staff at the 'Jane Crookall Maternity Unit' who have been magnificent throughout Lucy's pregnancy but really excelled last night. They showed brilliant professionalism, allied with a such touching humanity and personal skills that they were able to help greatly allay the fears, for Lucy, Lee and their families, during what was such a traumatic, yet also happy occasion.



Dee-Dee, the Hospital Chaplain also displayed great empathy and I'm told that Christopher's baptism was very moving but perfect in the circumstances.

Lucy, this morning was going to see Harry for the first time since the birth and when I phoned earlier and she is a little sore but well.

We are also very grateful for all the messages received.

Should be able to get some pics on later but I forgot to bring any of the cameras into work with me. Pics now on as you can see. Top one is of Harry, middle of Lee (Daddy,) Irene (Ninna Nanna)holding Christopher and bottom is of Christopher.

I'll just reproduce Lucy's post from Facebook:

I would like to thank everyone for their support. I had a c section last night and delivered two beautiful boys Harry Stephen and Christopher Dale at 21:13.
God has gained another angel, he blessed me with 37 minutes of my son's presence. So proud to call myself mummy to two beautiful boys. Harry came kicking and screaming out of my belly. I will get to meet Harry properly tomorrow. thanks everyone. x

Didn't take her long to get back online did it?

No comments:

Post a Comment