Saturday 9 April 2011

Update on Visa Electron

I am indebted to Martin Bell (that's the IOMVAC ATHLETE not the former MP for Tatton) who stopped by the Hotel for a quick chat yesterday to inform me that he had tried Barclay's Wealth and had been informed that they couldn't provide him with a Visa Electron card.

That's a big disappointment to me and any others who were hoping to avoid unfair 'Flybe' charges for buying their tickets.

So if you are aware of how to obtain one on the Isle of Man, please post a comment or contact me through e-mail or telephone and I'll let the rest* of you know.

*Shockingly, 1500 page views have now been made of this once almost unread 'Blog,' so that would help quite a few of us if you do know how we could lay our hands on one.

Martin pointed out that he had been or would be charged £90.00 this year.

Not that I can claim any hand in the victory but it was announced that VillaGaiety has now withdrawn their £1.00 handling fee, so we can only hope that this is the beginning of a landslide. Of course, I'm not cynical enough to believe they'll find another way of relieving us of our money. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment