Monday 7 November 2011

Flybe Take The Biscuit, Then My Money, Then More Money and Then Money to Take Money

A brief update on my post from last week:

I quickly managed to change a name for my Monarch flight for the expected £95.00 with the addition of £2.38 for using a Mastercard, gritting my teeth but there you go. Having paid over £1500 for our total booking, I suppose it isn't that monstrous.

Onwards my fingers marched and having endured perhaps only ten minutes on the telephone, I was finally connected to the Flybe operator who said,'Yes, no problem, that will be £120.06.'

Having been told that it cost £40.00 for each journey, this came somewhat as a shock but apparently in the small print it says that you also have to pay the difference between what the fare was when you booked it and the price now!

What? How? Why? What on earth for?

The brain was whirring and I politely told the Flybe employee that I thought it it was a total rip off and said I'd think about it.

I didn't think for long.

In fact I just re-booked another flight for £104.00 without luggage and we'll use the extra allowance on the spare ticket.

This will leave them with an empty seat and a very unhappy customer. It is incredible that these people can survive in business and I'll do anything in future not to fly Flybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment