Tuesday 22 November 2011

JCB - Stick To What You Are Good At!

If only we could have had weather like today in July a bit more often or during the Commonwealth Youth Games!

It's probably dangerous to say and I'll expect all sorts of opprobium to land on my head if it takes a turn for the worse but I would like to thank the IOM Government very much for buying a 'Salt Mountain' to fight the winter ice.

Unfortunately, I can't take a photograph of the wonderful view from the Hotel, as my new telephone is a throwback to the stoneage. If anyone out there is thinking of buying a JCB mobile, don't bother. They are rubbish!

The thought process behind purchasing such a disaster was that I would be safe dropping it as I regularly do and that I would be able to take it out training with me without worrying what the rain would do to it but within half an hour of walking out of the shop, the errors of my ways started to dawn on me.

Technologically, still being stuck somewhere near the end of the last century (that's the 20th not the 19th honest,) I have never actually got around to buying a ring tone, having failed for the last 2 years in attempting to download, Channel 4's theme to the Tour de France but my goodness, I'm going to have to plead mercy to one of my kids to do it for me soon.

Having ascertained that having the engine sound of a JCB earthmover springing into life was inappropriate for an hotelier, rather embarassingly whilst serving at a dinner table, the best of the other awful noises is akin to a drunken Rolf Harris playing 'Canon' on his horrendous Lackofstylophone or whatever it was called and I'm currently stuck with that for the time being.



When I'm out with the family, one of the kids grabs it to turn off the text warning as it is a total affront to their 'Street Cred.' Talking of 'Text,' that's rubbish too! My previous handset, stored about 5,000 messages before it shuddered to a halt, overloaded by a year or so of my personal minutiae. This device seems to have the electronic equivalent of alzeimers, capable of holding only a hundred texts including sent messages, so I'm constantly having to trawl through trying to work out what to keep or delete.

I can't find a way to save regularly used words not in its puny dictionary and I'm unable to even time my boiled eggs.

And worst of all: It doesn't even have 'Smilies' :-( ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment