Tuesday 1 November 2011

How to earn £2700 per hour.


It's have a go at the airlines time again!

Still smarting from being unable to obtain Flybe's unobtainable mandatory free method of payment, I discovered a new way to pay them and Easyjet loads of money to do virtually nothing this week:

Change the name of a flier!

Perhaps my reader knows different but surely, this is just a matter of taking a phone call, re-entering the name and pressing a key on the computer to send the message which should surely take less than two minutes but for which Flybe want to charge me £80.00 and Easyjet £90.00!

I'm actually very tempted to pay an extra £16 or so to book another flight on the Isle of Man leg, just to leave them with an empty seat and we could take an extra suitcase with us*.
Whilst we're on the subject and the blood pressure is starting to rise, I thought I might just mention what happened to us a few years ago, with another tale of how our airlines do their best to ensure they receive our loyalty and goodwill, so that no one else will get caught out:

On a break during a flight from Australia, I thought that it would be a marvellous idea to check for our Flybe trip from Manchester to the Isle of Man. It was only when I reached the end of the procedure that I realised that there was no facility to print out the boarding passes.

You can only imagine our unbounded joy when we arrived in Manchester and they informed me that I'd have to pay £40 for four boarding passes.

As a result of this, I bought a printer for our guest computer, so that this wouldn't happen to any of our customers.

For your information, we also have a pair of scales which we can lend out to pre-weigh your bags.

*Whilst dining last night, I realised that those of you of sound mind with a mild dose of logic would realise what a lot of nonsense that line is. I'd like to say that I was just testing your alertness but I'm afraid I must be just a bit thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment