Tuesday 19 March 2013

New Website, News & Events, Old Blog

The Welbeck Website will be totally revamped and replaced shortly and therefore my blog and the latest news etc. will be split, so that the news section will contain information relevant to the business while I continue to waffle about rubbish that I hope one or two of you will find interesting.

Although much of the time, I do wonder occasionally whether there is actually anyone out there beside my Indian friends whose comments I think are trying to boost the ratings of some far flung website rather than illuminate my witterings with any relevance.

However, since I opened with 'Toolbox takes a holiday' in 2010 (brilliant irony that this was posted on April Fools Day, unintentionally I might add,)according to the blogger.com stats I've had nearly 17,000 page views, though we've never again seen the toolbox

***

When considering when to come to the Island and of course the Welbeck Hotel and Restaurant, it may be an idea to check the events happening over that period.

On the IOM Government website there is a comprehensive method of checking for things of interest to you.

www.visitisleofman.com

I have also reproduced some of the headline 'What's On' features until the end of April.

IOM Student Festival of Sport 21-24 March

J M Nicholson Art Exhibition opens 23 March

Rush Hour on the Railways 29 March -2nd April

Easter Festival of Running 29-31 March

Egg Rolling at Cregneash 8 April

CAMRA Real Ale Of Man Beer Festival 4-6th April

Murder Mystery on the Railway 12-13 April

Cycling Sportive TT Course 20 April

Sara Killey 50k Walk 21 April

Pie in the Sky (stargazing and supper) 26-27 April TBC

The Guild * (Prom Parking) 26 April - 4 May

MMRC Manx Classic Cars Sprint and Hillclimb* 25-27 April

3 comments:

  1. When you are many miles from the Welbeck, It's nice to read the blog and keep up to date. As long as you don't stand for MHK in April again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha Oor Michael. Someone commented quite recently on the Youtube clip, basically agreeing with you that I should get back in my hutch or along the lines of 'That's all we need. Another self-promoting politician.' I was able to reassure him that it was only an April Fool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great, I'm following Welbeck Hotel I would be able to get updated news :) Glad to see this blog.

    ReplyDelete